Are you a tax enthusiast with a knack for strategic thinking? Look no further! We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our team in Malaysia. In this exciting role, you will be at the helm of managing all tax-related matters across multiple regions. You will make significant contributions to high-profile operational initiatives as the business continues to grow globally. Your mission: to ensure we comply with tax laws, minimize tax liabilities, and steer us towards optimal tax positions. As a key collaborator, you’ll work closely with internal teams and external advisors to ensure our tax reporting is accurate and timely. If you understand tax regulations and love creating effective tax strategies, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
What will your role be?
Tax planning and strategy
- Develop and implement smart tax strategies for Involve Asia across multiple regions (direct and indirect tax).
- Identify tax risk and opportunity for tax savings by staying up to date with tax laws, regulations, and rulings, and communication to relevant stakeholders and to ensure appropriate mitigation plans and controls are in place as required and processes are efficient.
- Active participation in business initiatives and value contribution through strategic tax planning and where tax expertise is required. Advise stakeholders to adopt best practices with a view to achieving tax optimization and costs saving.
- Understand the tax impact of digital business models and stay informed about the latest tax technology and data management trends.
- Liaises with tax consultants and supports the Chief Operating Officer on special projects or other initiatives.
- Ensure accurate and timely tax compliance. Ensure positions taken are supported and outcome / financial impact to the Group is managed.
- Evaluate the potential ramifications of changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Review and analyze financial data, supporting documents, and tax schedules to identify and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
Tax reporting and analysis
- Prepare and review tax provisions.
- Perform tax-related financial analysis, including effective tax rate calculations and tax-related contingencies.
Your success factors?
- The ideal candidate would possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 3-5 years of hands-on tax experience and ability to interpret and apply complex direct and indirect tax rules.
- Experienced in dealing with cross-border tax legislation and Guidelines. Knowledge of specific issues affecting the Marketing Technology Industry and Customs Guidelines are added advantages.
- Demonstrate a strong working ethic, integrity, and accountability attitude in their approach to the job.
- Self-starters with strong analytical skills and determination on problem-solving are key to success in this role.
- Able to work independently as well as being a good team player with a focus on collaborative work across departments and confident in dealing with external parties.