We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to set up the future framework and tools, develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
We work in a small team with lots of autonomy and shared responsibility for delivering data solutions to the rest of the company. We manage data “products” like raw data extracts, dashboards, reports and APIs. There is a big opportunity to have influence in how we do things and what our setup should be.
- 2 to 3 years of technical coursework and/or cumulative years of QA experience working with a technical team
- Must possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills and pay close attention to detail to identify problematic source code
- Strong ability to create flexible and reusable test cases that can cover a wide range of use cases and edge cases.
- Oral and written communication skills are key, especially when dealing with our users, stakeholders and project team members
- Well versed in designing the test approach of multiple products. Positive working attitude and able to work independently in a team environment
- Manage expectations, provide timely feedback on performance and areas of improvement.
- Plan, Develop and Execute testing strategies/plans
- Plan and convert requirements/user stories and design documents into a set of test cases/scenarios and scripts for functional and non-functional testing
- Perform system monitoring, execute tests and provide results
- Develop test scripts in standard automation test tools for different technologies like web UIs, services, databases, etc
- Wide knowledge of latest testing technologies, able to understand client's needs and propose testing approaches
- Moderate to the high-level understanding of how mobile apps and websites work and test, understanding of API and relational databases
- Perform or assist in UAT – when need be