About The Job
Ho Kang Station is a lifestyle channel targeting young Chinese Malaysians - we produce food, travel and entertainment recommendations, update our audience on shopping deals, as well as entertainment content.
We are currently seeking a host with a creative mind, upbeat personality and positive attitude to join our video team to explore new content opportunities.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning, executing and hosting content in line with the direction of our channel, in both vertical and landscape video formats. Knowledge in video production for social channels such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube is required.
As our presence grows in terms of audience and business, this role requires a person with the passion for the industry, a creative mind and the ability to clearly communicate and present ideas.
- Video pre-production: Researching the topic, storyboarding, scripting and preparing the content before production starts
- Deliver video script on-camera in an engaging manner that connects with our audience on a personal level. May include acting
- Ability to set up video shoots on your own, specifically talking head videos
- Scheduling weekly video shoots, posting and occasional live-stream hosting
- Taking care of provided video equipment
- Editing knowledge is encouraged (Adobe Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve)
- Basic video shooting experience is encouraged
We want you if you have:
- Have experience hosting videos
- Creative eye when it comes to shooting, framing and composition
- Strong on-screen personality
- Knowledge and interest in food, travel and general lifestyle topics
- Ability to listen to and understand creative ideas, and present them through spoken words and sentences
- Native or fluent in Mandarin
- Ability to communicate in English
- Fluency in other Chinese dialects such as Cantonese, Hokkien or Hakka is a plus.
- Please attached your work portfolio (in video hosting/video shooting)
If you are looking to be part of a growing video channel with a strong worldwide audience, then yes, we want you!