You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified service delivery engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor all systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux, Apache, Nginx, MySQL based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. MySQL, Apache, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef) will be an added advantage